6 October, 2023
Easy 7-Layer Refried Bean Dip
Posted in : Dish of the Week, Tailgate Dish on by : Chuck Tags: 7 layer dip, Lime, refried beans, Tailgate Dish of the Week
This 7 layer bean dip is perfect for a rainy tailgate – easy to make, portable, can stay warm, and is filling and tasty. It’s also good for morning tailgates!
- 2 cans of vegeterian refried beans, or 2 cups of homemade refried beans
- Leftover ground beef or chicken (optional, but I like it this way)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 avocados, peeled and deseeded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa (my preference is my homemade salsa, if available)
- 1 1/2 cups queso fresco, crumbled
- 6 ounces black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 diced Rama tomato
- tortilla chips
- Add the refried beans (and optionally leftover beef or chicken) to a mixing bowl. Season with chili powder, cumin, onion powder, ground coriander and garlic powder. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Spread beans into a single layer in a portable 9×13” pan.
- Add avocado and lime juice to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Spread into an even layer over the beans.
- Spread sour cream into an even layer, over the mashed avocado layer.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of salsa all over the top of the sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle with queso fresco, followed by olives, and then green onion. You could also add a diced tomato for garnish (optional).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (this can be made a day in advance). Before serving, bring it to room temperature. Serve with tortilla chips.