2 September, 2022
LFN’s “Friday Tailgate Whiskey Glazed” Chicken Sandwiches
Comments : 1 Posted in : Dish of the Week on by : Chuck Tags: Chicken, Friday Whiskey Glaze, Glaze, Grilling, Pork, Sandwich, Tailgate Dish of the Week
Inspired by TGI Friday’s “Signature Glaze”, this glaze is the perfect thing to brush on chicken or pork right before putting it on a sandwich bun with lettuce and tomato. My trick is to lightly marinate the meat simply (with oil, pepper and oregano), grill it to get the grill marks on it, then apply the glaze for the last 2 minutes of cooking, flipping once. You have to be careful because there is so much sugar in the glaze it can burn.
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp finely minced white onion
- 1 Tbsp whiskey
- 1 Tbsp canned crushed pineapple
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- Roast the head of garlic in the oven, drizzling it with oil and slow roasting it in a toaster oven until the cloves turn light brown.
- In a saucepan, stir brown sugar, pineapple juice, water, honey, and soy sauce together and bring to a boil. Once bubbling, reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into saucepan and stir to incorporate with a wooden spoon.
- Stir lemon juice, onion, whiskey, pineapple, and cayenne pepper into sauce with the wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid reduces by half and turns thick and syrup-like, 40 to 50 minutes.
One thought on : 1
Pingback: Lehigh at Villanova Game Preview And Fearless Prediction, 9/2/2022: Don't Call It A Rivalry, But Call It A Challenge - The College Sports Journal