16 September, 2022
Chuck’s Roast Pork Sandwiches with Provolone, Sweet Peppers and Arugula
Posted in : Dish of the Week, Tailgate Dish on by : Chuck Tags: Arugula, Garlic Mayonnaise, Pork Sandwich, Provolone, Sweet Peppers, Tailgate Dish of the Week
Adapted from Bon Appetit Magazine, 2007
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (plain as possible, or make your own)
- 1 20- to 24-inch-long crusty baguette
- leftover pork chop meat or leftover pork roast, cut into sandwich-size pieces
- 12 Peppadews or cherry peppers from jar, halved lengthwise, seeded, flattened
- 4 slices of provolone
- 2 cups arugula
- Onion slices (optional)
- Press garlic into small bowl, and mash with back of spoon to form paste.
- Whisk in lemon juice, then olive oil and thyme.
- Whisk in mayonnaise.
- Season with pepper.
- Heat the pork in a pan, and melt the provolone on top of it.
- Spread cut sides of baguette pieces with garlic mayonnaise.
- Divide pork and cheese among bottom pieces of bread.
- Layer Peppadews, onion slices (optional), and arugula atop pork.
- Add baguette tops to sandwiches and serve.