23 September, 2022
The Old Nassau Tiger Tail
Comments : 1 Posted in : Drinks of the Week, Tailgate Drinks on by : Chuck Tags: Drink of the Week, Gin, Martini, Old Nassau Tiger Tail, Old School, Port
One of my favorite themed specialty tailgate drinks, this is derived from Slate’s “Princeton Cocktail #1“, which I renamed the Old Nassau Tiger Tail. It’s a beautiful layered drink that brings to mind Old Nassau’s Main Street and maybe an eating club or two. Chill the martini glasses before the pour.
- 2 oz. Old Tom Gin
- 3/4 oz Port Wine
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- Dash sugar syrup (agave will work) (optional)
- Orange peel twist
- Combine the bitters, gin, and sugar syrup (optional) in a ice shaker
- Shake for about a minute.
- Pour the shaker mixture in the chilled martini glass.
- With great skill, pour the port wine very slowly on top of the gin mixture, achieving a layering effect.
- Garnish with orange peel twist
One thought on : 1
Pingback: Lehigh at Princeton Game Preview And Fearless Prediction, 9/24/2022: The Ecstasy, And The Agony, Of Mountain Hawk Trips to Old Nassau - The College Sports Journal